Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bittersweet moment

Saturday night we were at a friend's house for a barbeque.The kids were eating and playing games and the adults were having a nice time catching up with each other.Then,a friend and her musician boyfriend started playing the guitar and sing...and man, they were good.

So I went to get Rhianna who was busy playing.Sure, she has been in a music class for about 2 years now but that is children's music and movement class.I don't think she has ever seen anyone really played James Taylor kind of solo guitar live before.

So she sat down, mouth open,eyes wide staring at this man while this sweet,sweet  man kept serenading her with beautiful songs.After a couple of songs,she started clapping and moving.And when he did the children's numbers..I was almost certain that she fell in love..

It was fun yet bittersweet for me watching my deaf child listening to the music and actually enjoying it as others do...

No comments:

Post a Comment